This blog began with 16 letters from people from Brindi's world - who know and like her, including her groomer, vet, kennel owner, neighbors with kids, neighbors with dogs, and friends of Brindi's owner. It is growing fast with letters from supporters near and far. See FREE BRINDI for a blog kept by Brindi's best friend, Francesca Rogier. Best friends are forever!!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Canada Mail carrier who dislikes dogs

Lori Scolaro, Field Operation Supervisor, Animal Services
Halifax Region Police
PO Box 1749
Halifax, NS B3J 3A5


July 27, 2008


Dear Ms. Scolaro,

I am writing to ask you to return Brindi to her owner, Francesca Rogier.

I am not a dog person. In fact I am always wary of dogs. I am not wary of Brindi. As a postal employee collecting customer signatures on signature-required items, I’ve gone to Francesca’s door on many occasions, knocked on it loudly, gone in, called out, and walked right back out again, without hearing any response - only to find out later she and her dog were resting upstairs the whole time! Brindi had never stirred from her side.

There are people whose houses I will not go to in that community. I know whose house I can go to and not be in fear. I see their dogs are loose all the time, and I cannot be sure how they will behave. The other day a loose Rottweiler charged at my car while I was pulling in a driveway. It was in my face before I could shut the window. No owner was in sight, and nobody came when I repeatedly hit the horn.

I know for certain that Brindi will never bite me. I didn’t know what that dog was going to do, and I wasn’t taking any chances. I refused postal delivery to that home, as I do anywhere I fear for my safety. I have never felt any fear around Brindi.

Someone has made a terrible mistake here. Brindi should be sent back home right away.

Sincerely,


Marina Findlay

No comments: